Toa Samoa – wave that flag!

Today I have done an activity about the Samoan Flag from the SLJ site. What I have done here is that I have explained some  facts explaining “What do the colours and symbols mean on the Samoan Flag?”. What I enjoyed about this activity is that I got to learn new things like the meanings behind the flag, who created the Samoan flag and so many interesting facts about it. Is it really great to learn about your history and what is the story behind it and what is the meaning of it.

4 thoughts on “Toa Samoa – wave that flag!

1. Kia Ora, Talofa Lava Estherose, Its Madelyn, I love your work about the Samoa flag and its history and im really suprised that the Samoan flag back then was so different to the flag now, keep up the good work 😀

2. Malo Estherose, you’ve shared some important details about the Samoan flag along with your new understandings. Well done!
    Like Madelyn I did not know of the older flag. Esterose do you know why freedom and strength were important for Samoan people to have represented on their flag?
    I’ll be back to see what you find out.
    Mrs Tele’a

1. Talofa Lava Mrs Tele’a, I really appreciate your thoughtful , positive comment. My understanding of your question is that the stars represent the five countries who tried to take over Samoa, the people in the county of Samoa had a choice to make, let those countries take over them or fight the will of those countries. It was a really hard time for the country of Samoa because of all the big problems going around in the war. They had the strength and freedom to fight for their country and also show all these countries they are not small they are big and mighty in their hearts. When the war had ended, Samoa had the freedom because they didn’t need to deal with these problems any more they were free and were filled with happiness.They had the freedom and strength to fight for their country because it is their Home. This story was told by my Mum she had a lot of knowledge about the history behind the Samoan flag symbols, this story was told by her grandparents in her young years. 😄

Thank you so much Mrs Tele’a for your question and feedback. I hope I can hear from you again. Have a great Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Have a wonderful day and God Bless.

Nga mihi nui
      Estherose 🫶

3. Talofa Lava Estherose, I really love how you put in details and facts about your country, keep up the good work and don’t let that lovely crown of yours fall down whenever people are jealous and mean to you. 👑🫶